Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hosted Blogger

I was keen on hosting a blog on a website I spend some time with - Likebucks - which is a site that hopes to be a gold standard for online shopping.

Well, I found Blogger easy to setup and host on the server. I created a blogger account with my website email id as the username - this keeps the blog seperate from regular blogs like this one, which I maintain.

Publishing to my host was easy once I gave the ftp information (I did need to make sure that I don't prefix the location with a '/').

The blog initially showed a header with 'Next Blog', the Blogger logo etc. This was an annoyance - I don't want anyone to know that my blog is hosted on blogger. I did find the setting for turning this off.

In blogger, go to templates, and under 'Edit HTML', set the 'Change the Blogger NavBar' to 'Off'. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment