Saturday, February 28, 2009

HTC Touch Diamond Charging

I've often been asked whether the HTC Touch Diamond phone can be charged using mini-A-Type USB connectors (second from left below).

You see, the HTC Touch Diamond comes with a proprietary HTC ExtUSB Cord - which has a slightly different shape.


The answer is - yes - the HTC can use regular mini-A type plugs, and you don't need to spend a fortune buying their proprietary cables. The HTC is backward compatible, and the extra connectors that are in the ExtUSB, are for using audio/video - such as their headphones.

I have been charging my own HTC Touch Diamond using regular mini-A cables, without any problem. I would say, though, that battery performance is dismal in this phone, but it may be due to the fact that all iphone competitors give low battery life.

,

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the post - I wish I'd known when I bought their proprietary cable!

    ReplyDelete